Parent Teacher Organization
Please click here to read the attached Welcome Letter from your 4th St PTO
From the Principal:
Rules for Dismissal
1. The doors do not open until 3:55 p.m. and upper grades (4-8) do not come down until 4 p.m. Grades K-3 are called from inside. Grades 4-8 are to stand against the wall on Orianna St (not around the corner) and are responsible for watching for their own ride. Aftercare stays upstairs until they are called to come down. Bus riders are to go immediately to the bus stop once they are dismissed.
2. It is very important that you DO NOT sit in the street before 3:55 pm. Blocking traffic before the doors open is against the law. You either need to circle around the block until the doors open or pull over on Orianna St PAST Reno St (the alleyway). Please do not park on the sidewalk in front of the school as this causes a lot of congestion and is dangerous for students once the doors open.
3. All grades: When a student's ride has arrived, all students are to go to Ms. Thomas at the corner of Orianna and Reno. Ms. Thomas will put them in the car. This keeps the car line flowing in a consistent manner and helps Ms. Lieberman and Ms. Thomas know that all students are accounted for in the cars. Please refrain from getting out of your car to help your child - it stops the flow of car line.
4. Whether you are an older sibling or a parent of a child in grades K-3, you MUST tell Ms. Lieberman the name of the child you are taking so that she can call them. This is a safety rule to make sure that students are going home with their legal guardians.
5. Dismissal time is not a time to talk to teachers are your child. If you have a concern, please set up a meeting with Mrs. Brown. If the situation is urgent, and you must speak with a teacher find a parking space and ask Ms. Lieberman for permission come inside. The teacher or principal will speak with you soon as they are able.
6. We can also not allow parents to come into the building at dismissal unless they have an appointment or have been asked to. This is for the safety of all student and staff.
7. Please be patient with teachers as well as aftercare drivers. Larger groups take a little longer to get downstairs into their van. Honking does not help students to hear their names or help us get the students where they need to be any quicker.
8. Students must wear their complete uniform every day.
9. The breakfast program begins at 7:30 AM. School begins at 8:00 AM. Students are late at 8:15. We ask that all students be picked up by 4:15.
10. The counselor is here on Wednesdays. The nurse is here on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
11. If your child is complaining of illness, please keep them home. Send a note or a doctor's note with the child upon their return. The child is to give the note to their teacher.
12. Please check with the office to update your contact information as needed.
Please give us your ear and stay in touch with the school community! We need all parents to support the school they have chosen for their children and guarantee it will be better because of your involvement! Thank you!
Please click here to download the Volunteer Interest Survey
View previous photos by clicking the button below